How to Enter
Wait! Is your writing ready to enter yet?
The judges will determine the winners based on the following criteria:
- empathy with subject
- creative interpretation of theme, on the edge
- innovation and control of language
- authentic and original author’s tone
- an awareness of audience (appeals to the reader in some way)
- care with editing and revision
Students… you need a teacher to endorse your online submission.
Teachers… you can submit entries directly (see below)
It is FREE to enter. Entries close Monday, September 24, 2018 (by 5pm). Please note: we have extended the entry date up until Friday 28 September.
All entries :
- To be valid, entries must be received by Friday 28th September (by 5pm)
- Must be an original POEM or STORY and be no more than 500 words
- The theme ‘on the edge’ should be a focus of the story or poem in some way, however, the theme does not need to be overdone. Imagination, lateral thinking and creativity are encouraged!
- No more than 3 entries per student
- If sent by mail, must be in a clear TYPED font in Arial or Times New Roman size 10-14 font (must not be handwritten, NO images or colour to be included)
To ENTER ONLINE
All online submissions must be entered by a TEACHER. It is strongly advised that teachers seek parent permission first.
Enter each student separately. See: below
No more than 3 entries each.